Farmscape is seeking a full-time urban farm consultant to help us convert Los Angeles into a network of thriving farms. Become part of an innovative, fast-growing, and fast-paced start up in an environment that thrives on collaboration, creativity, and success. This position would be responsible for managing the sales process from start to finish within a given sales territory.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter who flourishes in a results-driven, client-focused environment.
- Consult with prospective clients (residents, businesses, restaurants, schools) interested in creating an urban farm.
- Maintain relationships with Farmscape's landscaping partners, oversee scheduling and farm construction.
- Collaborate with marketing and weekly farming departments to create long-lasting client relationships.
- Attend weekly sales meetings, collaborate with other sales staff.
- Develop lead generation strategies for your sales territory.
- 3-5 years sales experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Background on horticulture, landscaping or organic farming preferred
- Self-motivated and quick learner excited to work in a startup and build new sales systems
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining focus and work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Google Documents
- Comfortable doing basic spatial reasoning and measurements on-site, as well as pricing arithmetic
- Reliable communicator with prospective and current clients
- Spanish language skills a plus
Commensurate with experience. Base salary plus commission. Benefits include paid vacation and paid sick leave.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Employment@farmscapegardens.com with the subject line: “Urban Farm Consultant.” No calls please.
Farmscape is the largest urban farming venture in Los Angeles. We help Angelenos install and maintain urban farms in their backyards, restaurants, businesses, and schools. For more information please visit: www.farmscapegardens.com