Landscape Crew Lead, Los Angeles
Farmscape is seeking a full-time skilled and experienced Landscape Crew Lead. Our landscape crew installs vegetable gardens, orchards, vineyards, and sustainable landscapes.
Schedule: Monday- Friday, onsite hours 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Plan, source, and schedule for installations once approved by client;
- Communicate with clients regarding scheduling, site logistics, etc.
Site Management & Landscape Installation:
- Read site plans and ensure layout is consistent with design
- Maintain organized vehicle, tools, and inventory to ensure smooth operation of job site;
- Manage & supervise crew members on installing landscapes at residential and commercial sites with scope including: hardscaping, masonry, carpentry, and irrigation.
- Work effectively and efficiently with specialized equipment, including: Skid Steer Loader, Plate compactor, Jack Hammer, Auger, Trencher, Mitre and circular saws;
- Communicate with client regarding job progress and change orders;
- Track job expenses for projects;
- Install, program and troubleshoot irrigation controllers;
- Soldering copper;
Management – Personnel & Training:
- Complete administrative tasks such as time card approvals and performance reviews;
- Train crew in Farmscape best practices;
- 3+ years experience in landscape construction
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to perform physical labor outdoors in various weather conditions
- Basic computer skills and access to email and a working phone
- Friendly and clear communicator
Benefits for full-time employees include: Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan, paid vacation, access to company vehicle and mileage reimbursement when needed.
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in California, with a commitment to creating food-focused, climate-resilient landscapes. Since 2008, we have designed, installed and maintained hundreds of customized gardens as beautiful as they are abundant.
Our low-impact, sustainable Farmscapes are lively, vibrant spaces that feature native, low-water plants to complement the food we grow. As trusted local farmers, we grow food for single-family homes, master-planned communities, Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs and World Series Champions