- Los Angeles, 2018
- Backyard deck with integrated vegetable garden
- Design, Installation, Maintenance
We built this cedar deck with an integrated vegetable garden and caging for a young family in Mar Vista. The goals that guided this installation included:
- Creating an outdoor space for barbecues and other gatherings
- Providing a kitchen garden adjacent to the kitchen for vegetables and herbs with caging to keep rats and other critters out of the garden beds
- A modest garden footprint that makes do-it-yourself maintenance manageable
The taller garden cage on the northern end of the deck is primarily intended for tomatoes, with the shorter cages on the southern end being ideal for salad greens, kale, and herbs.