Food and farms play a key role in fostering community. We work directly with developers, HOAs and property managers to design Agrihoods and Farm Parks that allow residents to connect with nature and access fresh, delicious food. A valuable and popular amenity, Farmscapes can boost public and community support for your development.
- Agrihoods are defined by the Urban Land Institute as “single-family, multifamily, or mixed-use communities built with a working farm or community garden as a focus.” These communities feature row crops and encourage participation through activities like harvests, CSAs and seasonal events.
- Farm Parks offer a similar experience on an infill scale, with raised beds, orchards and gathering spaces.
Multi-Family Development Benefits:
- Residents have regular access to freshly harvested produce.
- Gardens are close by and available to a large number of people.
- Neighbors can gather and reconnect with nature — and each other.
- Farmscapes engage a new generation of California communities as environmental stewards.