Landscape Construction Laborer, Los Angeles
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30am- 4:00pm
Farmscape is seeking full-time landscape laborers. Our team works Monday – Friday from 7:30am-4:00pm. The team primarily installs orchards, vegetable gardens and vineyards but also does pollinator gardens, hardscape, and irrigation.
- Assist with installations of landscape projects under the supervision of the install foreman
- Maintain good relationships with clients and co-workers
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Represent Farmscape in a friendly and professional manner
- Perform other duties as required by the install manager
- At least 2 years in landscape construction
- At least 2 years in carpentry
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to perform physical labor
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to Farmscape best practices
- Basic computer skills and access to email and a working phone
- Construction and/or landscaping experience
- Friendly and clear communicator
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail, ability to take instruction well.
Benefits for full-time employees include: Health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer matching, FSA & Dependent Care plan, paid vacation and holidays, access to company vehicle and mileage reimbursement when needed.
Farmscape is the largest urban farming company in California, with a commitment to creating food-focused, climate-resilient landscapes. Since 2008, we have designed, installed and maintained hundreds of customized gardens as beautiful as they are abundant. Our low-impact, sustainable Farmscapes are lively, vibrant spaces that feature native, low-water plants to complement the food we grow. As trusted local farmers, we grow food for single-family homes, master-planned communities, Fortune 500 companies, Michelin-starred chefs and World Series Champions.
Farmscape is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of Farmscape to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status, criminal history unrelated to job duties, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.